Even if the weather hasn’t rightfully earned the title of spring-like just yet, that doesn’t mean we can’t start planning our ideal warm-weather wardrobes. Balmy temps and brilliant sunshine are right around the corner, plus it’s always better to be prepared, right? And we are more than ready to ditch our heavy layers for something a little lighter. To give you a head start in the spring sartorial department, we took it upon ourselves to hunt down * fabulous frocks that are sure to put a little pep in your step, even before March 20 rolls around.
1. Sportmax Code Floral Swing Dresses for Short Women ($317): We like to think that donning a bright floral dress before the blooms are officially out is kind of like sending positive, encouraging vibes out into the atmosphere. That means spring is coming sooner, right?
2. Zara Dress with Seamed Skirt ($100): This striped number is perfect for transitional dressing. The long sleeves will keep your arms covered while the temperatures are still a little less than ideal, but the leg-baring length is ready to embrace those sans tights kind of days.
3. Topshop Paris Floral Print Pinny Dress ($90): Thanks to the love affair with the ’60s and ’70s right now, mini dresses are having a major moment. Get in on the throwback action with a bright pinny dress with an eye-popping floral print. Wear it alone or layered over an airy blouse for those days when spring just isn’t a thing.
4. Oh My Love Button-Front Cut-Out Mid Length Dresses ($89): Go gingham style in this casual-cool dress with a loose A-line fit and peek-a-boo cutout that shows off just a hint of skin.
5. Lane Bryant Floral Maxi Dress with Asymmetric Hem ($90): Research says plants can have a positive effect on our mood, so think of this bright botanical number as a super easy and convenient mood booster.
6. Monsoon Mikado Print Long Dresses UK ($262): Have a wedding or two on your agenda? Fluttering sleeves, a floor-length silhouette and bright floral print make this the perfect choice for a beachy formal affair.
7. Mango Striped Bow Dress ($60): This bright yellow and blue striped number is fabulous on its own, but when paired with a beige suede jacket and chunky brown leather heels, you’ve got yourself a seriously stunning look.
8. French Connection Flight of Fancy Shift Dress ($168): Fluted sleeves channel a retro vibe on this fresh, floral frock that we can’t get enough of. Dress it up with colorful eye-catching accessories for a special occasion or throw it over casual lace ups for a more laid-back look.
9. Ganni 60s A-Line Dress with Frill ($211): Remember that time we said ruffles could be cool? Yeah, we weren’t kidding. Here is just one more example of a totally prime piece with a statement-making frill. Are you sold yet?
10. COS Printed Tunic Dress ($135): Polka dots is just one of those prints that will never really go away. COS takes the tried-and-true print and gives it a subtle update with uneven pale pink spots outlined in a bold blue. It feels fresh, modern and anything but cutesy.